Project: Pforzheimer Reuchlinhaus
The Pforzheimer Reuchlinhaus was designed by Manfred Lehmbruck in 1957-1961. It consists of individual cuboid components which are connected by a central foyer with a free-swinging stairs. In the blocks there are the Pforzheim Jewelry Museum and the arts and crafts club Pforzheim.
The Reuchlinhaus has its name because of Johannes Reuchlin, who is supposed to be one of the most important sons of Pforzheim. Between 2002 and 2006 it was rebuilt by the Stuttgart architects HG Merz.